26 September 2009

Loosing "Islam is Not Linked With Terrorism Demonstration" News

I'am a reader and follower of a famous online news media in Indonesia, but felt sad this early morning. I always trust this media but finally found something weird, while reading another media content. It was about 'big news' of muslim ummah here but not published, while another media showed this event as it's headline, even it published lately. The other online newspaper was assumed by some poeple as related with other religion's movement 'to destroy Islam'. How ironic...

The news was about 20.000 people joined a demonstration in Solo, Central of Java province in Indonesia, to stress Islam not linked with terrorism. The amount of people was amazed me, but the news was suddenly turned into nothing while not published in a famous news media. It was sadly to be told but it happened...
The demonstration was led by four public figures namely Zainal Arifin Adnan, who is an associate chairman of the Indonesian Council of Ulemas (MUI), Ustadz Wahyudin, the director of the Al Mukmin Islamic boarding school, Ustadz Achmad Sukina, the general chairman of the Koran Interpretation Council, and M Sangidoe.

It was said by the article in this media and this media but I found no report on my fave online news media. Why? I don't know... I have to think there's big possibility that I have been loosing to keep my eyes to watch it while opened it in many times yesterday.


No comments: