18 June 2009

Nasywa and Her First Sunnah Fasting

I was picking up my daughter Nasywa on last Monday at her school, but she looked like not so happy. A little bad mood was seen on her face. Then she said, "If I were fasting..." It was unusual, but I felt so grateful in that afternoon. SubhanaLlah.
There were two of her friends did fasting on that day. They were just children in 9 years age but started to do fasting. If I remember when I was a child, I have no momory about doing something like that in my past. Yes, I started to learn fasting (on ramadhan only) but not seriously like at Nasywa's school. In this Islamic School (SDIT Alam Nurul Islam) the students always be trained to perform daily religious services, like shalat, infaq, tilawah al-Qur'an, and also fasting. And that is just great!

I hope she will be a part of next better generation of this ummah. She will be ~insha Allah~ better than her parents too (honestly, that's why we sent her to islamic school). Alhamdulillah, her memory of surah and ayah of Qur'an is significantly betterrrr than me and her mom! To write juz 'amma in my memory now is a very hard and difficult trying huhu.. but Nasywa shows the opposite. She always get ayah of Qur'an down cold in her memory with fun. She and her friends have proclamed surah of Abasa correctly, alhamduliLlah...

We woke up on 4.00 am and her mother asked us to eat in this early morning. We were doing 'sahur', eat before fasting. The time to do it is before shubuh prayer time comes. So, I, Nasywa and her mom were joining fasting today, insha Allah. It's her first sunnah fasting, even she has done her ramadhan fasting completely and successfully on last ramadhan (that's her third successful ramadhan fasting). So touched when I saw her willpower to do fasting today... In the other side, yes... a child could bring a positive change to our life! Subhanallah...
Narated By Sahl : The Prophet said, "There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Raiyan, and those who observe fasts will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it. It will be said, 'Where are those who used to observe fasts?' They will get up, and none except them will enter through it. After their entry the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it."


No comments: