27 June 2009

The Order of 2 Millions Pieces of Islamic Wooden Pin Brooches...

What a shocking mail came into my inbox. I've received it and then my face suddenly turned on to big smile mode after reading it.
Dear tukangpin, our company needs small pin as a gift placed into our snack product's package. Would you like to make it for us? Our first order will be in about 2 million pieces...
Two... Two millions? What a number, masya Allah...

I have a team to produce our islamic wooden pin brooches for just about thousands pieces for each month. My small team built from 14 persons, so it will be hundreds manpowers needed to produce a million pieces of wooden pin brooches. Big challenge to make big number of persons getting their job, but it will be not as easier as the words written.

I was so happy to read and answer the email, but I knew that the order was too much. That's not for me. Not for my team. Or maybe NOT NOW. I could imagine the difficulties will come from price and production capacity. Two millions of wooden pin brooches is a big change to make big benefit, but it's not logical to my small business. We always produce our pin manually, just handmade processing. Because of it, our islamic wooden brooches are always in limited amount.

Hmm, 2 millions of wooden brooches... Fantastic!! Thanks, but no thanks...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

selamat ya pak....
alhamdulilah usahanya makin lancar

admin said...

thanks sister :)